Wednesday, October 15, 2008

How to Handle Everyone and Everything!!! PLEASE HELP


How do you stay strong for a loved one? I know that is a strong and straightforward statement...but I really want to know. I feel so overwhelmed and stressed and worried and so many other emotions I simply don't know what to do.

SO I will just tell everyone what is going on. I moved back home to live with my mom when I moved back from Florida. And two weeks later she founded out she had breast cancer. She cried everyday. And all I could do is tell her everything would be ok. She would cry so hard...to the point of almost choking...and drinking and cry more.

All I could do is hold her and tell her that everything happens for a reason. My mom smoked cigarettes for over 30yrs. I simply tell her that God gave her something that could be replaced..boobs r replaced..but lungs aren't. I know that is a hard way to look at things, but is simply the truth.

My mom has had one of her breast removed and was told that she wouldnt need Chemo. Its been hard right now. I've been taking her to her doctor appointments. And of course keeping the Dr.'s on their toes...lol, but today we found out she will need Chemo and she will now have to get cut on again..

We found out she really did have Cancer..before they said she had pre-cancer.

I am going crazy right now. I am working alot trying to gather up more clientele for my personal training and I have started my LSAT Kaplan course which is 12hr of class time and about 20hrs outside of class.

I am trying to balance my girlfriends stress with their men problems and school concerns and I am getting thoroughly exhausted. I feel like people get so wrapped up in their lives they don't realize the stress that others maybe feeling. I try to be extremely attentive to my friends and family. And to give advice and a good ear to all. Sometimes it feels like I can't get in how I'm feeling. I can't talk to my mom about this. She seems so sad and rightfully so.

SO to my readers...how should I deal with all of this. I want to do well in my Kaplan course so that I score well on the LSAT and get into a good law school. I want to be everything my mom needs me to be to help her get through this. And I want to be there for my girlfriends.

I dont know what to do...

I WANT TO CRY BUT SIMPLY CANT!!!

5 comments:

Raphew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Raphew said...

Its like offense and defense anyone can score when you have the ball. But the True test of life is what can one do when they don't have the ball when they are not in control of that situation. When your on the goal line back against the wall and life is tryna score on you. How you stand up against it and over come those critical four downs, will always tell the story of one's life.

Ebube and Lisa said...

hey Antonette, i'm so so sorry to hear about your Mom. wow, you're going through a lot right now. your facebook status caught my attention tonight and i looked up your blog..

i have a few ideas that might help with all the stress, worry, anxiety, etc... first of all, make sure you're taking time for yourself to do things that you find relaxing and calming. whether it is going to yoga, listening to music, driving, taking a hot bath, watching movies, reading, painting, drawing, going out for a jamba juice, meditating, etc... find what you like and try to make sure you're doing something regularly/daily! secondly, when you have all of that excess energy from stress you can do something active such as going on a run or a walk, cleaning out a closet, cooking something, working out, etc... this can help people when they feel keyed up or on edge. another idea is to identify and utilize your support system. who are the people who listen, comfort, and support you? find those people and lean on them.

i hope that some of these ideas might be helpful in some way. you're going through some very very difficult life stuff right now. hang in there, k? you're an amazing person who has done very hard things in the past. try to remember that nothing lasts forever and that you will get through this. love,

lisa (if you don't remember me... i played vb for cal (tall white chic with curly hair). i think i may have been a year ahead of you...)

Anonymous said...

Hey friend. I know that a lot of what you are going thru is because of me as well. I come to you with all my problems and its simply wrong. Eventhough I'm there for you, at this time of need my worries aren't as important as what you are face with. I'm telling you from this day foward that I'm gonna be a better friend to you and help you get thru this. Yeah I am thousand of miles away but I will do my best to comfort you. Nette I love you like a sister and that's hard to come across in this day and age. Things will get better cause you are strong and I just think you need to hear it as often as possible and I will tell you. Your mom have all my prayers. She was blessed by breast cancer and not lung. So keep your head up. School will be fine cause if it wasn't he wouldn't have made a way for you to go in and afford it. That's the least of your worries. Smile your days are getting better. love ya chic

Brilliance Is A Habit (c) Unknown said...

Sometimes, you simply can't be there for everyone. It is in those times that you have to rely on a higher power to do what you can't.

Just a thought.