Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"I Don't Date Dark-Skinned Women" --- ???

So, the other day, my girl and I was talking and she told me that a guy told her that he doesn't date dark skin women. I found this to be crazy. What is wrong with these men??

I have seen this type of behavior before personally when it comes to hair length. But my question is should this simply be called preference?? I mean this definitely seems to be a bit of self hate, as my girl J put it. The interesting thing is that mostly dark skin guys, from my experience, are the ones saying this ridiculous stuff.

Next question: if I say that I don't date fat men, am I discriminating?? Or is that just considered normal? Or if someone says that they don't date skinny girls??

My friend's experience of just one of the sort I have heard recently. I have had guys tell me also they don't date dark skinned women and I found myself thinking they were extremely ignorant and was reminded of the profound reminisce from slavery when the slaves treated lighter slaves better than the darker ones.

I don't know maybe I'm over thinking this one? Who knows?

What do u think?

3 comments:

AKO.SI.RETZ said...

Hi... jzt dropping by =)

Anonymous said...

Every one has a preference in who they will and will not talk to. Wether its skin color, hieght, hair, weight, etc. I get women who tell me that light skin is out and dark skin is in. Women and men but speaking for me, women say they want someone educated and has plans and goals for there future. However, if they find that person who has all that but is not the right hieght or whatever for them then they won't even bother with that person. And that's the problem with society now. What we want might not be exactly what we need or what's good for us. So if you want to call it preference, discriminating or whatever its all the same and everyone does it in some form, shape or fashion!

Raphew said...

There is nothing wrong with discriminating, its a choice. I think that some dark skinned individuals have a problem with it because they feel that the opposite sex is showing the the opposing race. Rather that is an accurate statement that is the belief that a lot of women carry in their minds. That light is white and dark is African which is natural. lets be honest very few wanna be the color of a sharpie lol. So its truly all in the eye of the beholder